Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who Am I as a Communicator?

From looking back over this week assignment I see that there were a few similarities in my evaluation of myself and then from the two other people. I see that I was harder on myself in some area then they were. Then I see that they were harder on me in some area than I was. I felt that I was sensitive to the needs of people but on of the person told me that I was not. Then on the other hand the other person agreed with me that I’m sometimes over sensitive to the needs of people.

The thing that supervised me was how honest the two people where with me during this assessment. I picked to people that I was close to at work and at church to complete this assignment. I was thinking that there answer would closely match my answer but they give me the truth.

The insight I gain was that I have to become a little more sensitive to people needs at work. On other insight is that I get very nerves when I speak in groups with people in power.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for my late response as I was not feeling well yesterday. I also found it really interesting to learn about how others perceive me as a communicator compared with how I see myself. I believe when our results are similar, it indicates that we are on track and aware of where we need to grow. Sometimes we are not aware, and that's where the insight of others whom we trust is so valuable. By reading your blog entry, it sounds like you received some valuable feedback about your communication skills and style. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete