Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nonviolent Communication and Conflict Management

The conflict that I’m dealing with right now is with my aunt who was cooking for my mother birthday party. The issue is that I wanted her to cook finger foods for 100 people that I have invite and she want $500.00 for the list of food I would for the party. I told her that $500.00 was to much money, so she got upset with me and said find someone else to do it for you.

This week has open my eyes to how to deal with these kinds of conflicts. The first of them comes from the 3 R’s. I have to response to the attacks that I didn’t post in a respectful manner because of who I am in the community. The need one is the win/win outcome. I’m still working on this but I know that it will work out some kind of way where both of us come out on top or happy.

If this was you how would you deal with it?

1 comment:

  1. Chris, It is important to use the 3 R's stategies. I would research for another cook.If you just talk to her and come up with a better situation.

    ReplyDelete