Friday, November 11, 2011

My Family Culture

The three items I would care with me will be the Holy Bible, Photo Album, and my degree. I would take the Holy Bible because my family and I have deep roots with in the word of God. The Bible is a symbol of our family belief and what we draw strength from in the time of need. The next item would be photo album to remember our family members that did not survived or was put in another country. This is so we can show our children and they can show their children. The last thing would be my degree so it would not be hard for me to locate work to provide for my family in this new country.
I would feel very sad but thankful I’m able to carry one thing that holds value to my family. Then after being told which country we will be relocated to that will determine what item I carry with me.
I gained insight about myself. People always told me that I was caring and know I can see it for myself in this exercise. I always felt as if I was all about me but know I see what other see that I care more about my faith and family well being then my very own.   

5 comments:

  1. Chris, Your degree has represent that your are not apart of the norm. It is very unlikely to find a African American male with a degree especially in education. My hats goes off to you. This is an great token to take with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I did not even think about bring a photo album with me. By bringing it you would be passing down your culture through generations. It would not only benefit you but benefit your family in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher,
    I is amazing that reading your post for this week's assignment, we both chose to bring the Bible, and family portraits. I feel that if you don't have anything else with you, the Bible will be enough to get you through adjusting to a different country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, thanks for your post. I realize I did not even list the Bible as one of my items. It's because I have it on my iphone and I take my phone with me everywhere, and I take for granted that the Bible is so easily accessible to us. However, in this new scenario, there is no guarantee of anything. Your post caused me to rethink and I would definitely bring my Bible as it would be a life source in the troubling and uncertain times. It would truly be the most valuable and beneficial item to have. Thanks again for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,

    I enjoyed reading your post this week. I also included my Bible of the list of things I would bring. My Bible is my life.

    ReplyDelete