Saturday, October 29, 2011

When I Think of Research...

I have gained a deeper understanding of the different terms that we should use when conducting a research. The biggest insight has been learning how to make my research valid. In addition, how to detect when research is not valid.

My ideas about research change a lot during these eight weeks. I have developed a greater appreciation for the people that conduct research in the early childhood field. I see now that everyone don’t conduct research the same way nor collected their data the same way. My idea was that it was one way and you had to do it that way in order for it to be valid, but these eight weeks have showed me what it really take to do research.

I learn that when doing research there is a lot of planning involved. You most set time aside just for the research. The many designs we have to pick from to make our research valid is awesome to look at. I learn that as early childhood educator we conduct research all the time.

The main challenge I had in this class was finding time to do a effective job on my research development. With my center getting ready for visits from some many people and complete our annul NAEYC report it was hard. I learn that with my research topic I was doing it everyday so all I had to do was use what as in front of me.

The main way was being able to pull the good research from the not so good research. In addition to the leadership of Dr. D. I was able to gain so much understanding of research.

3 comments:

  1. Christopher,
    Thanks for all the information you shared throughout this course. I have learned alot about research also these past eight weeks.I found out there is alot to know when conducting research in order for it to be valid. Best wishes as you continue on your journey in the early childhood field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher,

    I would agree that my opinion has changed about how research is conducted,I too, thought that research had to be done a certain way to be valid. Thanks for the information you shared through out the course. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would agree that my perspective around research has shifted as I've gained valuable skills through this course to understand, apply, and design research. These skills will continue to be valuable for us as early childhood professionals. Thank you for all your feedback and support throughout this course Chris! My learning around research has really grown and my understanding has been stretched. Maybe I'll see you in our next class!

    ReplyDelete