Saturday, March 12, 2011

Child Development and Public Health


 The topic I chose is Immunization in young children. This topic is of the up most importance to me because I believe that every child should be afforded good healthcare.  A child being immunizes helps to keep down the spread of many diseases and other things that can cause harm to infants and young children.  That’s one reason why I’m grateful for Early head Start and other early childcare providers, because its required that the children receive their shoots on time during the early years.

I looked at China as my other part of the world. I chose china because of it rapidly developing was in technology and other areas.  China is soon to be name the top educated part of the world due to its educational sectors. I wanted to exam the was they immunized their children in the early years.  IN China children are up to date on all routine immunizations according to schedules approved by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP). I learn that they are developing a more complex for of tracking children to ensure that they receive their shots in the early years.

The information I learn will impact my future work because I would love to teach in another country.  By learning about this immunization I will know what to look for in the children if I’m ever give the chance to go over seas and teach.


Reference:
http://treehouse.ofb.net/go/en/vaccinations/China

1 comment:

  1. I too feel immunizations are important for keeping young children healthy. Did you find China's recommended immunizations similar to the United States? Also do all children in China have access to immunizations? I am curious about the access to healthcare for the poor and remote families in China.

    ReplyDelete