Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: Internationally

For this week blog I had to review some at least three international organizations or communities of practice that appealed to me and tell why I chose them. As I was looking for organization this week I keep coming across charities that help children and families. Many of these organization sponsor educators to go to low-social economic countries to teach or advocate for children and families. I chose these three organizations because they embody the spirit of ECE. One of the reasons why Early Head Start was founded in the US was to combat the growing number of people living in poverty. They show the true meaning behind COP. They have a great passion for helping children and families. The people in these organizations are skilled in their areas and are willing to learn more. They bring a great dynamic to each of their individual organizations. These organizations saw this great need and are trying to spread it across the world. So this blog will spot light three of these great organizations.

The following are the three international organizations and communities of practice:

·         Child International

·         Alliance and Families International

·         Child Reach International USA


One Job from each website:
Raise Awareness (Child Reach International)
Organize a Fundraising Event (Child International)
Team Leader Internships (Alliance and Families)

The main skills need for these jobs are to be out going and willing to learn more. One of the things that all of them ask for was do you speak more than one language if so which ones. Then they ask your leave of education and what you could you bring to the organization.

I would love to have the chance to go and work international one day. That is one of my biggest dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Chris, it's great that you brought to our attention several organizations aiming to make the world a better place for children. You mentioned that you would love to have the chance to go and work internationally. I am curious about which part of the world you are interested in working in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher,
    I see that you have very specific goals for employment working with children. Would you work internationally if the opportunity presented itself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christopher
    I have enjoyed reading your three organizations that you have chose. This is a great way of communicating with your collegues because you learn new information or repeated information that you can use throughout your career. It is so wonderful to see men like you interested in the education of early childhood. I wish we would get more men as mentors to help our children in their journey. Working internationally I think would be the highlight of your life because you will get the opportunity to help nationwide. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christopher, I think you will be a great person to work internationally. I have small children but once they are older I would also love the opportunity to do so. I like CHANGE and I am not afraid to do something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher, the organizations you mention are great. I visited the site childreachusa.org and was impressed by this group and theri efforts. I applaud you for wanting to go international, with the things are in the world right now I would be terrified to even consider it myself. Is there a certain area of the world that you are most interested in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christopher,

      Thanks for sharing the organizations that you found,these organizations are very impressive and do a lot of great things for children in need. I think it would be interesting and very rewarding to do volunteer work internationally. I'm sure working internationally would provide you with some great experiences and would be eye opening to the different ways of world.

      Delete
  6. I am proud that you have grandiose dreams. It is important for us to have dreams to focus. Professionally speaking this are goals, we deserve to think bigger. After all life, it is about what we want to be. However, how far we want to walk!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete