Saturday, August 11, 2012

Educational Journey


As I look back over the time I have been in this program I have learn so much about the field of early childhood education and about myself. The first thing that I learn was how important it is to have self-discipline. Earning a degree online is not as easy as people thing it is you have to be motivated and have a great deal of self-discipline. The second thing that I learn is how important it is to learn who it is you are working with. When teaching adults you have to understand how we learn. One of the things is that adult learners like to know what it is they are learning and why. The last thing is how caring each of my classmates has been during my stay at Walden. We have worked hard to keep each other on track so that we can reach the goal we set out for in our programs of study.

The one long-tern goal I have to share at this time is the goal of become the Dean of the School of Education. This goal will take some time to reach but if I stay on the road I am on right now I will reach it in no time. Earning this Master Degree get me one step closer to reaching it, so thank you Walden.

It is never farewell it is until we meet again. I believe that we have developed a family here at Walden and families do not say farewell. I look forward to working with all of you in the future on some project to help the lives of young children and families become better. To Dr. Teri Davis thank you for working with us on this final leg of this chapter of our lives. I will never forget you and I have save that email you sent me to cheer me up and letting me know that I could make it. To my classmates hope to see you all in Beautiful Miami, Florida as we receive our Master Degrees.  

 Christopher Felder


6 comments:

  1. Christopher,

    It was great working with you over the past couple classes that we have had together. Becoming the Dean of the School of Education is an amazing goal and I am 100% certain you would be amazing at it. Have a great experience achieving all your goals and continuing your education!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, This has been truly a long journey. I am glad we made it this far. Thank you for all the insights throughout this course!
    Thank You!
    Farewell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, It is gratifying to read how much you have learned in your program. I am so glad my email made a difference to you. And I look forward to meeting you face to face in Miami! Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Chris in completing this journey! It has been a long road, and with perseverance, we have come to the end! Thank you to you for encouraging me along the way, especially when it became very hard to continue persevering. Now here we are, at the brink of receiving our degrees and this is so very very exciting! I agree with you that getting a graduate degree, online or not, is a lot of hard work and dedication. Each of us have grown in so many ways as individuals and as professionals. I look forward to hearing about your future achievements as a professional in the field. As you mentioned, it is not good bye, it is until we meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed learning from you. You brought an unique perspective on assignments and for that I thank you. Also, you held on to your beliefs about how the early childhood field needs more male teachers and educators in which I also believe, so thank you again. See you in Miami!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Chris! I have enjoyed reading your blog and discussion during the past eight weeks. I am looking forward to going to Miami as well.

    ReplyDelete