Friday, July 6, 2012

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

The following are a list of three Local or State Organizations that appeals to me:

·         Campus Wide Directors

·         South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA) http://scisa.org/

·         South Carolina Association of Education of Young Children (SCAEYC) http://scaeyc.org/

The reason why I select these three organizations is because they are credible sources for educator. The first of the three is Campus Wide Directors. This is a group of directors that have childcare centers that are based on college campus around the world. The second of the three is SCISA. This organization is an accrediting body of school in South Carolina. Their mission is SCISA as an exclusively educational organization, with responsibilities to establish accreditation standards, coordinate athletic and academic competition, and raise funds for member organizations.   The last of the three is the SCAEYC. This is the local chapter of NAEYC.

The job opportunities that is currently available to me:

·         Teaching on the Technical College Level

·         Training Early Childhood Educators

·         Working as an Advocate for young children and families

·         Family Coordinator

·         Family Placement US Military

·         USDA Consultant

·         Child Development Associates

The skill are that I would need to fulfill those roles are being acquired by receiving this master’s degree. Being able to collaborate and communicate effectively is one of the main skills I will need. Another skill will be having the ability to speak effectively in public.  In addition I will need to be able to plan effective lessons or activities for the group of adult learners that I will be working with.


7 comments:

  1. Christopher, what vast job opportunities you have to choose from once your master's is received. I especially like the Campus Wide Director's organization as they have the childcare centers welfare as their interest. And being an early childhood teacher, I know that learning needs to start at that stage, if not before at home. Being present on the college campuses will also given students who are considering majoring in early childhood a good insight into this field. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher,

    I am not very familiar with a Campus Wide Director but it sounds amazing. Utilizing a college campus sounds like a great way to educate young children. The enthusiasm of the college students and their interest to learn will be very beneficial to the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher, I am very impressed at the number of employment opportunities there are! It gives one hope that there are jobs out there for those of us wanting to make a difference in the lives of children and families. It would seem I will have to move south!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog provided me with some resources on the jobs that are available. Thanks for providing it. Also, I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher,
    I am also from South Carolina but currently live in North Carolina and it was interesting to see all the areas of available for working with children on a different level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog was very informative. I am also a native of South Carolina.I did not know some of these resources were available for children and their families. I enjoyed everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christopher,
    Your blog is very informative and has given me new resources to look to look into. Thanks, Emily

    ReplyDelete