Saturday, January 21, 2012

Changes in my Communication Skills

During this past week I did find myself communicating differently without colleagues and families. As I thing back on this past week I remember I was choosing my words more carefully than I did in the past few months. In addition my body language was not as much as I did before.  A prime example was today when I was in a training class for work and something was side that I did not agree with during the training.  The out me would have said what came across my mind right then, but I remembered this week discussion about the platinum rule. So I sat and gather my ideas before I said anything in the training about brain development in young children.  Then when I said what I was thinking my body language was calm and not confusing to the other people in the training.

This week gave me the time to look back over my communication skills. I was able to see where I needed help at to better develop my communication skills.  

2 comments:

  1. Christopher-
    We often do not think about how our body language affects the impact of the communcation. You gave some great examples of how you recognized your own expressions and modified them to become more effective in your communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, Communication has to be effective in many situations. Thank you for giving great examples.

    ReplyDelete